Detoxification in Pacifica
There are several different ways to detoxify and at Thyme Integrative Health we offer a wide range of detoxification options. These programs range from heavy metal oral chelation type protocols, infrared saunas to gentle detox programs just through nutrition alone. We offer both individualized and group detoxification programs in Pacifica. Individual programs are tailored to you- and we work together to formulate a cleanse that works best with your lifestyle and to suit your individual needs. Group detoxes offer group support and group classes such as cooking classes and yoga.
The components of any Individual Naturopathic Detoxification Protocol in Pacifica
- Dietary Recommendations: these change depending on the individual and the foods in season. Shopping lists, menu plans, recipes and clear guidelines are always given before starting a detox.
- Supplementation: sometimes nutrients and supplementation are added to encourage and enhance detoxification, prevent nutrient deficiencies, optimize nutrient absorption from food and protect healthy organs and systems.
- Herbal Support: various herbal teas, tinctures and topical preparations are chosen based on the individual and the type of detoxification protocol being used.
- Hydrotherapy and Infrared Sauna: we often add constitutional hydrotherapy treatments which involve the use of hot and cold water treatments, cleansing herbs and an electrical stimulation machine to help enhance detoxification. We also have a portable Infrared Sauna in office available for patient use.
- Lifestyle Tips and Guidance: this includes breathing techniques, meditations, exercise prescriptions and other lifestyle cleansing processes to encourage holistic detoxification and cleansing in all realms of health.
Please stay tuned for info on our next Group Detox Program
Bio-therapeutic Drainage is a form of gentle detoxification. It is a process of cleansing the body by opening up the “emunctories” which are like elimination pathways. It is a cleansing process to enable our body to self regulate optimally. The goal behind Biotherapeutic drainage is to help the body reach a constant state of balance.
Benefits of Drainage:
- restores physiology at a cellular level
- facilitates cellular toxin elimination
- opens the elimination pathways and facilitates discharge
- does not purge or force the body to eliminate beyond physiological limits
- technique used to enhance other therapies
- never contraindicated with other therapies
- takes emotional and energetic toxins as well as physical and environmental
- toxins into account
Hydrotherapy has a long history in medicine and is an effective treatment in providing relief and response for many health conditions. Steam inhalation with herbs, contrast hydrotherapy, onion poultices for earaches, foot baths, neutral baths, and Constitutional Hydrotherapy are ways our practitioners encompass Hydrotherapy. The temperatures of water, duration of treatments, and the appropriate ways of use in conjunction with other therapies is important and should be advised by Naturopathic Doctors for each individual and their health needs.
We utilize Constitutional Hydrotherapy in many of our treatment plans. Constitutional Hydrotherapy has been used for over a century in the Naturopathic profession and continues to be a powerful aspect in increasing the healing response in both acute and chronic conditions. Increasing the circulation of blood and lymph to regenerate cells, balancing the nervous system, and increasing detoxification at a cellular level are a few healing properties of the therapy. Colds, upper respiratory infections, bronchitis, sinusitis, detoxification, headaches, and flus are examples of acute conditions it can work wonders for. Examples of the chronic conditions it is used for include digestion disorders, chronic migraines, insomnia, auto-immune disorders, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, HIV/AIDS, asthma, and arthritis.
In conjunction with our Detoxification and Weight Loss Programs, Constitutional Hydrotherapy helps open up the elimination pathways to increase efficacy.