IM and IV Therapy/B12
Our doctors offer Customized Intramuscular Injections. Contact our Pacifica CA or our Lafayette CA locations to please discuss the type of Injection, dose, and frequency of therapy to best support your health.
We offer walk-in Happy hours for B12 and other nutrient injections on Wednesdays 12-1:30pm.
Intramuscular Injection Therapy/B12
B12 plays a vital role and is an essential vitamin that serves as a co-factor for many pathways in our body. There are many conditions that benefit from B12 therapy. Nervous system disorders, depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, lower cognitive performance, neuropathy, detoxification, and many other conditions. It also helps with weight loss, muscle mass, and athletic performance. B12 deficiency is found in vegetarians/vegans, older adults, high levels of stress, alcoholism, digestive disorders, and smoking.
Intravenous (IV) therapy allows you to receive and absorb higher concentrations of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other nutrients directly into the bloodstream. IV therapy bypasses digestive processes allowing nutrients to reach the cells more quickly than with oral supplementation making it a great alternative for patients with weakened digestion, autoimmune disorders, and low immunity.
IV therapy is extremely beneficial for patients experiencing fatigue, chronic illness, brain fog, difficulty losing weight, chronic dehydration, inflammatory conditions, migraines and/or chronic headaches, or patients wanting assistance detoxing. We offer several premade IV formulas but will also work with you to customize a formula that works best for you and addresses all of your primary concerns.
- Nutrient Replete IV contains all the basic vitamins and minerals necessary for metabolic processes. Packed full of B vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, and trace minerals this IV is great for people who have poor digestion and chronic dehydration.
- Energy Boost IV contains higher doses of all the necessary vitamins and minerals plus taurine to increase your exercise performance and give you that boost of energy you need. This IV is great for people with chronic fatigue, brain fog, and the desire to be more active.
- Metabolism Boost IV contains all the basic vitamins and minerals plus taurine and MIC (methionine, inositol, choline) to increase your body’s ability to metabolize fat and stabilize blood sugars. This IV is great for people who experience difficulty losing weight, metabolic disorders or diabetes.
- Immune Repair IV contains all the basic vitamins and minerals plus higher doses of vitamin C to help your body recover from acute or chronic illness as well as prevent illness through the cold and flu season. This IV is great for people who are currently sick and/or are trying to stay healthy during the winter months.
- Detox IV contains all the basic vitamins and minerals plus MIC and glutathione to help your body rid itself of fat and toxins and assist the liver in detoxifying. This IV is great for people who are looking for a detox post-holiday season and people who have mold or heavy metal toxicity causing fatigue, brain fog, and migraine headaches.
- Anti-inflammatory IV is our big hitter containing all the basic vitamins and minerals plus higher doses of vitamin C, MIC, taurine, and glutathione to help your body metabolize fat and toxins while increasing energy and bringing powerful antioxidants into your system. This IV is great for people with inflammatory conditions such as RA, psoriasis/ eczema, IBD, migraines, and/or headaches.
- B-Complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6) - Together these B vitamins help boost energy levels and combat the effects of stress by aiding the adrenals, promoting stronger immunity, healthy skin, hair, and nails, and supporting the reproductive and nervous systems.
- B1 helps to convert glucose into energy and has a role in nerve function.
- B2 is primarily involved in energy production and helps vision and skin health.
- B3 helps decrease LDLs or “bad” cholesterol and increase HDLs or “good cholesterol.” B3 is essential for the body to convert carbohydrates, fat, and alcohol into energy, maintains skin health, and supports the nervous and digestive systems.
- B5 and B6 are key cofactors in the production of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, which help to improve mood, decrease anxiety, and enhance memory. They are also needed for the formation of red blood cells that can help with wound healing.
- Glutathione is one of our body’s most potent antioxidants made from the 3 amino acids glutamate, cysteine, and glycine to help the body defend against free radicals and reactive oxygen species which are compounds that can harm your body's cells. Glutathione plays crucial roles in the immune response, DNA repair, and the detoxification process by neutralizing drugs, chemicals, radiation, metabolic wastes, and other toxins and carcinogens. While our bodies naturally produce glutathione, most of us do not make enough to combat the high levels of oxidative stress that often come with age and illness. Glutathione is also poorly absorbed so most oral glutathione supplements are not as effective, however, you can work around this by supplying the body with the nutrients and protein required for glutathione production, or boost your glutathione levels with a direct IV infusion!
- P5P (Pyridoxal-Phosphate) is the most bioavailable and active form of Vitamin B6. It is needed for protein and carbohydrate metabolism, the formation of red blood cells, and certain brain chemicals. It influences brain processes and development, immune function, and steroid hormone activity. It is frequently recommended to people who need help with their immune system, nervous system, energy levels, fat burning, blood circulation, hormone balance, and proper gene expression.
- MIC includes Methionine, Inositol, Choline, and L-Carnitine. The MIC shot is a fat-burning injectable that may assist in weight loss by increasing the number of fats being burned by the liver and overall body. This may also help decrease cholesterol levels by helping the liver to process fats, support liver detoxification, balance hormone levels, and stabilize mood.
- Methionine: A sulfur-containing amino acid that acts as an antioxidant, and enhances brain function by increasing the production of SAMe, which can be used to treat depression. It also helps support the production of glutathione.
- Inositol: Important for healthy cell membranes, nerve conduction, and mood support by creating a calming effect on the nervous system.
- Choline: Essential for fat metabolism and healthy liver function. This nutrient works closely with inositol as a primary component of the cell membrane.
- L-Carnitine: Helps the body turn fat into usable energy.